You’re ready for a kitchen redesign, but you don’t want to style your new room in a manner that will only be out-of-date in a few short years. Your contractor can help you to learn about kitchen remodeling trends that last through the years, but you should have a good idea of what you want before talking it through with an expert. Here, we offer a few things trending in kitchen remodeling and design this year.
- Blending the kitchen in with the living space – Known as a transitional kitchen, knocking down all of the walls and integrating the kitchen with the living room makes the space feel open and complete.
- Mixing custom countertop materials – You may have marble countertops in a large portion of your kitchen, but a wooden butcher block to bring in a rustic feel. Mixing quality materials like these can work in a lot of settings.
- More storage – The kitchen can get cluttered really quickly, and the standard space available in drawers and cabinetry just doesn’t cut it. Consider innovative approaches to organization like thin pullout cabinets, freestanding open pantries, and drawers with multiple tiers.
- Colorful farmhouse sinks – A farmhouse sink is an elegant design that fits in with most countertop materials and gives plenty of space to wash large pots and pans, and you can add a touch of color with a bright green or blue.
- Automated sinks – A hands-free sink might not be cheap, but it’s a fun and simple way to clean.
- Subtle touches of color – Consider painting your kitchen in a neutral color, like a grey, and then adding color into your appliances, seating, plants, and display pieces.
Call AGA Construction, Inc. for kitchen design and remodeling advice or to schedule an appointment with a contractor in Studio City. Call us today for your free in home estimate! Mention our website and received 10% off your remodeling project.