It’s tough to know where to start when you’re remodeling a bathroom. Of course, the details will vary from person to person, but in general, you’ll have to know a little bit about the following points before beginning major renovations to one of the most important rooms in the home.
- An Idea: Cut out pictures from magazines, take photos of your friends’ new home designs, and have a good idea of what you want before meeting with the contractor.
- A Contractor: Find a licensed and bonded specialist who you feel you can agree with, and someone you’ll trust to spend a long period of time in your home.
- Time: Set a realistic limit for the amount of time you want the job to take, and keep in mind that sometimes the unexpected can delay the work.
- Budget: The unexpected is also a factor to consider with your budget. A quality contractor can come up with a pretty accurate time and materials estimate if you give enough information about what you want, but there’s a possibility that your home needs major plumbing work or that a planned renovation may prove more difficult than expected due to wood rot or another issue.
- Permits: You should also ensure that you obtain all of the proper permits for the work. A good contractor can help you with this step.
- Design: Make sure that you and your contractor have agreed upon a design vision for the room. Know placement, plumbing fixtures, sink height, shower style, and much more.
- Details: You’ll have to iron out the details at the beginning or along the way. What materials do you want for the countertops? Do you want energy efficient fixtures? What will the design be for the tiles in the bathroom? All of these can have a major impact on cost and design.
- The Basics: Don’t let your contractor have all of the say on the basics like ventilation and lighting. Give your input on these aspects and ensure you have just the room you want.
AGA Construction, Inc. offers bathroom remodeling from expert contractors in Beverly Hills. Call us today for your free in home estimate! Mention our website and received 10% off your remodeling project.