Cleaning the bathroom is the most hated chore for many of us, but it’s certainly one that needs to be done. You can make it a little easier on yourself with these tips for a bathroom that’s not so cluttered and that’s easy to clean.
Do you really need to cram so much stuff into what is likely one of the smallest rooms of your home? Some of the items you keep in your bathroom would likely be just fine somewhere else. This includes things like:
- Cleaning supplies you only use once a week.
- Many medications should not be kept in a damp environment anyway. Anything expired should also be tossed.
- Beauty and cleansing products you don’t use daily.
Find Smart Storage Solutions
There are many ways to upgrade your bathroom for better storage. Shower storage racks that hang on the showerhead are a good start. Wall mounted shelving can be placed conveniently beneath or above mirrors. And ladder shelving can hold your towels without occupying too much space. In addition, limit your décor and use paint or tile to express your design preferences rather than knick-knacks.
Our best advice for anyone frustrated by the amount of time it takes to clean a bathroom is to clean it regularly. Wipe off countertops each day, clean the mirror, squeegee the shower door, and put things away when you’re done with them. You may be surprised at how much easier weekly cleaning is when you keep it up.
Remodel with Easy-to-Clean Surfaces
Finally, when you are remodeling your bathroom, choose countertops, shower walls, and other materials that will be easy to clean. Here are some of our suggestions:
- Avoid grout lines as much as possible. Use vinyl sheeting designed to look like stone, or go for larger tiles that require less grout.
- Eliminate tough-to-clean metal shower frames with a seamless glass shower door.
- Try automatic faucets.
- Look into toilets designed with fewer crevices for easier cleaning.
Call AGA Construction, Inc. for bathroom remodeling services in West Hollywood. Get 10% off when you mention our new client promotion.